SummaryAccomodationNeighborhoodHow to get aroundImportant highlightsServices and common areasSpecial Offers
- Hoya Chiquita was constructed in 1900 and was recently renovated by us keeping the traditional rural architecture. The house is located in the “Pino Santo” protected landscape area, surrounded by nature. It therefore offers many possibilities for enjoyable walks.
- On the other hand, it is very well connected to the main roads of the island. This allows you to easily reach any other point of the island of Gran Canaria without having to lodge in mass tourism environments.
- The location of the house allows you to feel how local people lived in rural areas of Gran Canaria more than 100 years ago, with all of the advantages of recent times.
- Both before and during your stay with us we will try to help you to get information related to any activities you would like to carry on during your stay in Gran Canaria. Contact us and we will try our best to help you.
- We speak Spanish, English, German and French.
- The house is located in the middle of a natural landscape which you can appreciate from the traditional balcony and its terrace. The position of the house allows you to enjoy the maximum hours of sunshine available.
- Neighbors are far enough away to feel at your own without feeling isolated. Ideal for families or for couples that love to be in the middle of the countryside. It can accommodate up to 4 people.
- The whole house will be available to you. It has two floors. The bedrooms and the bathroom are upstairs. The two bedrooms are close to each other and separated by a wall which is open on its upper part. They are therefore not acoustically isolated. One room has a double bed and the other room has two single beds. A small folding bed can also be available on request.
- The kitchen on the ground floor is fully equipped and you can benefit from the cooking and aromatic herbs of our garden. Remember you can use the washing machine, what reduces the amount of clothes you have to bring with you.
- The location is rural but Hoya Chiquita is 5 kms. drive from the town of Santa Brígida where you can find several shops and supermarkets and a local food market during the weekends. Local supermarket SPAR in Santa Brígida is ready to take your purchases home.
- 10 km from the house you can access main roads from which you can reach the whole island quickly (Maspalomas Beach: 40 mins. Las Canteras Beach: 15 mins. Tejeda: 30 mins.)
How to get around
- There is a bus station to Santa Brígida 12 minutes walk from the house, but the operating frequency is quite low.
- There is a taxi service in Santa Brígida that operates most of the day (you can make reservations for any time of the day).
- However we strongly recommend you to rent a car, at least for the days you want to visit other parts of the island.
- You can park the car under an eucalyptus located near the beginning of the path.
- The house is not directly located near the road, but the small walk to the house enhances its charm. The views during the walk are very nice. However, the path may be at some parts a bit steep.
- You have to walk about 170 meters from the road to reach the house (around 5 minutes down and a bit more going up, depending on how fit you are).
- Unfortunately, due to the characteristics of the path, the house is not prepared to receive guests with any mobility problems. For the same reason, we also do not consider it suitable for small children.
Services and common areas
- In the living room, located also on the ground floor, you will be able to watch tv, and films in dvd on a big screen with the aid of a video projector (home cinema). Take with you all those films you did not have time to watch in the last months.
- The barbecue allows you to enjoy the meals outdoors.
- You can also play table tennis on the terrace.
- Follow us at Facebook to be informed about our special offers.